Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets familiar with a particular dentist, but then has to build a relationship with another in order to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about helping patients achieve their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of being embarrassed by an imperfect smile or are living with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and infusing conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near St. John, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a personalized, step-by-step plan throughout the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves utilizing four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without applying dentures. Most often completed in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often designed and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade providing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as few as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of employing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and typically take at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most recurrent symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one session.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the best possible frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be certain that your home is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to assuring that you are confident with your smile.