Our team at John Martin Dental in St. Louis, MO, specialize in crowded teeth and other oral surgeries. This includes tooth repair, bonding, wisdom tooth extraction, fillings, bridges, and more. You can learn more about our services and contact us now for more information. Our offices are located in Maryland Heights and Gerald.
Crowded teeth -- also known as dental crowding or malocclusion -- is a common condition when teeth aren't aligned properly. This usually isn't a life-threatening condition and can be corrected with oral surgery.
Crowded Teeth Surgery Near You
There are a number of causes and effects if you suffer from crowded teeth. See below for more information:
- Causes: Genetics play a big role in crowded teeth. People with smaller jawbones than average (or with large teeth) often have to deal with this condition at some point. Trauma to the face and teeth is course another cause -- especially if you're young and still physically developing.
- Effects & Consequences: One of the major reasons to consider oral surgey for crowded teeth is, obviously, aesthetics. This is a notable cause of the "smile" and possible drop in self-esteem. Crowding can also impact oral hygiene that can lead to cavities and gum disease. In severe cases, people may experience speech difficulties, chewing issues, and TMJ.
- Treatment Options: There are a few different ways to treat crowded teeth. Braces and aligners (like Invisalign) are often used. Depending on the case, you may need tooth extraction or other dentistry work that creates jaw space. Retainers are common for younger patients that have developing jaws. Early treatment is ideal, though adults can also contact us now for options.
If you'd like a consultation, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome.
It's our goal at Martin Dental & Associates to provide quality dental service to all of our customers. We help you and your family stay confident with your smile and take pride in how you look and feel. We stay current with the latest trends and do everything we can to provide the best dental care for our patients -- both new and long-term ones. We understand that trust is important and we can assure you that you'll be treated with transparency, respect, and quality service.
We specialize in a number of different dental procedures. These include:
- all on 4
- crowns and bridges
- dental implant restoration
- endodontics/root canal therapy
- full mouth rehabilitation
- implant supported dentures
- TMJ therapy
- tooth colored fillings
- wisdom teeth removal
- cosmetic dentistry
And more! Don't hesitate to reach out to our team today to learn about our services and to schedule your first visit. It's important for our team to develop long-term relationships with our patients. If you or a family member have an issue with crowded teeth, you can contact us now.