Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets familiar with a certain dentist, however then needs to forge a relationship with another so as to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or reach out to us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either office.
Our team is passionate about helping patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of being embarrassed by an imperfect smile or are living with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin constructs a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Kent, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, step-by-step plan in every part of the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without applying dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently created and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and conveniently finished in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade offering endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as little as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of employing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and typically require at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one session.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the best possible mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your home is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.