Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is required. That patient gets familiar with a particular dentist, but then has to build a relationship with another in order to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or reach out to us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either locale.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients reach their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of being embarrassed due to a flawed smile or are dealing with the pain and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin constructs a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Maplewood, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, step-by-step plan all through the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for using four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Typically finished in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often designed and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a conventional appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade offering endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often finished in as little as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of employing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and often require at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and design a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin provides wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the best possible frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate making more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be sure that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.