Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets comfortable with a certain dentist, but then has to build a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or reach out to us today to make an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either location.
Our team is passionate about helping patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of feeling ashamed by an imperfect smile or are dealing with the agony and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin constructs a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near St. Ann, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a customized, gradual plan all through the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Typically created and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to offer support and a conventional appearance. Best for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and conveniently finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which can be completed in as little as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of employing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and generally take at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most recurrent symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one session.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make certain that your living space is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to assuring that you are confident with your smile.