Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets comfortable with a certain dentist, however then has to build a relationship with another so as to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of being embarrassed because of an imperfect smile or are living with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and infusing confidence in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Gray Summit, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a personalized, gradual plan in every part of the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves utilizing four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often designed and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and conveniently completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as little as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of utilizing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and often take at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one appointment.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the best possible mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be sure that your home is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and relieve stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be certain that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.