Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets comfortable with a certain dentist, but then needs to forge a relationship with another so as to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of being embarrassed because of a flawed smile or are living with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Creve Coeur, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then construct and follow a personalized, step-by-step plan all through the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often designed and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to offer support and a natural appearance. Best for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically finished in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often finished in as few as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of employing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and typically require at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most recurrent symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one appointment.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the best possible mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make certain that your home is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to assuring that you are confident with your smile.