Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets comfortable with a particular dentist, however then has to build a relationship with another so as to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Phone us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either location.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of being embarrassed due to a flawed smile or are living with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling confidence in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Cuba, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a personalized, gradual procedure in every part of the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without applying dentures. Typically finished in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often created and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a conventional appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and conveniently completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often finished in as little as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of using different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and numerous appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and typically require at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most routine symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make certain that your living space is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you select Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.
Great smiles start with us. Reach out to us or call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office now to schedule an appointment.