Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is required. That patient gets familiar with a certain dentist, but then has to build a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of feeling ashamed because of an imperfect smile or are dealing with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing confidence in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near New Haven, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a personalized, step-by-step procedure throughout the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without applying dentures. Most often completed in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Typically designed and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade providing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as little as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of utilizing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and multiple sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and generally take at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — deals with your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most recurrent indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin provides wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the best possible frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your home is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be certain that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.