Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets familiar with a particular dentist, however then needs to forge a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us today to make an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either office.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of feeling ashamed by a flawed smile or are dealing with the pain and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin constructs a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and infusing confidence in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Ladue, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Severe Tooth Pain
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a customized, step-by-step plan all through the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Typically finished in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently designed and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and conveniently completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade providing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which can be completed in as little as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of employing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and generally take at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be certain that your home is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you select Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be certain that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.