Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets comfortable with a particular dentist, however then needs to forge a relationship with another so as to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of being embarrassed due to an imperfect smile or are living with the agony and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Black Jack, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a customized, gradual procedure throughout the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for utilizing four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Typically completed in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Typically designed and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade providing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which can be finished in as few as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of using different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and often require at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most routine indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and design a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one session.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the best possible frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be sure that your living space is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate making more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be sure that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to assuring that you are confident with your smile.