Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets familiar with a certain dentist, but then needs to build a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of feeling ashamed because of a flawed smile or are living with the pain and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin builds a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing confidence in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Spanish Lake, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a personalized, step-by-step procedure all through the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves utilizing four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Typically completed in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often created and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to offer support and a natural appearance. Best for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and conveniently finished in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade offering endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as few as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of employing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and often take at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most recurrent indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the best possible mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be certain that your living space is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and relieve stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate making more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you select Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be sure that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to assuring that you are confident with your smile.