Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is required. That patient gets comfortable with a particular dentist, but then needs to build a relationship with another in order to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about helping patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of being embarrassed by a flawed smile or are dealing with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Berkeley, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, gradual procedure all through the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without applying dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently created and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a conventional appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which can be completed in as few as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of utilizing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and generally take at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — deals with your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the best possible frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be sure that your home is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and relieve stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to making more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.