Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets comfortable with a certain dentist, however then has to build a relationship with another so as to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of feeling ashamed by a flawed smile or are living with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and infusing conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Ferguson, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a personalized, step-by-step procedure all through the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for utilizing four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently designed and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to provide support and a conventional appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which can be finished in as little as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of employing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and generally take at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most recurrent indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one session.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the best possible mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate making more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be certain that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.