Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets familiar with a certain dentist, but then has to forge a relationship with another in order to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of feeling ashamed by a flawed smile or are dealing with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin constructs a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Manchester, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, step-by-step procedure all through the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Most often completed in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently designed and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to offer support and a conventional appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade providing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which can be completed in as few as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of using different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and generally require at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most routine indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin provides wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is best to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to assuring that you are confident with your smile.