Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets familiar with a certain dentist, however then has to build a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or reach out to us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either office.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of feeling ashamed due to a flawed smile or are dealing with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin constructs a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Florissant, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, gradual procedure all through the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for utilizing four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Typically completed in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently designed and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which are often finished in as few as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of utilizing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reconstruct a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and generally take at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and design a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be sure that your home is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate making more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.