Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets familiar with a certain dentist, however then needs to build a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of being embarrassed by an imperfect smile or are living with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin constructs a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Belle, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Severe Tooth Pain
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a customized, gradual plan in every part of the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for utilizing four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently created and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to offer support and a natural appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and conveniently finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade offering endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which can be finished in as little as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of employing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and numerous appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and generally require at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin provides wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the best possible mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and relieve stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is best to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you select Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be sure that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.