Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets familiar with a particular dentist, however then has to forge a relationship with another so as to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or reach out to us today to make an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either office.
Our team is passionate about helping patients reach optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of feeling ashamed due to a flawed smile or are dealing with the agony and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Pine Lawn, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a personalized, step-by-step plan all through the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without applying dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often designed and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a conventional appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and conveniently finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade offering endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which can be completed in as few as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of using various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and typically take at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin provides wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one session.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the ideal frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be sure that your home is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate making more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be sure that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to assuring that you are confident with your smile.