Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets familiar with a particular dentist, however then has to build a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Phone us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or reach out to us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either locale.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients reach optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of being embarrassed by a flawed smile or are living with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin constructs a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling conviction in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Stanton, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, gradual procedure all through the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Typically completed in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often created and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to provide support and a conventional appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and conveniently completed in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade offering endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as few as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of utilizing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reconstruct a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and often take at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — deals with your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most recurrent symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and design a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin provides wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you select Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be sure that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to assuring that you are confident with your smile.