Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then rely on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets familiar with a particular dentist, however then needs to forge a relationship with another so as to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or reach out to us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either office.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients reach their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of being embarrassed due to an imperfect smile or are living with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and infusing courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Webster Groves, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a personalized, gradual procedure in every part of the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Most often finished in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Typically created and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Best for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as few as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of employing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reconstruct a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and often take at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one appointment.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the ideal frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be certain that your living space is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and relieve stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be sure that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.