Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is required. That patient gets comfortable with a certain dentist, however then needs to build a relationship with another so as to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is never the case at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either office.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of feeling ashamed because of a flawed smile or are living with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and infusing courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Hermann, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a personalized, step-by-step procedure in every part of the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves utilizing four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Typically finished in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often created and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to provide support and a natural appearance. Best for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as few as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of employing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reconstruct a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and typically take at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one appointment.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if needed.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.
Great smiles start with us. Reach out to us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office today to make an appointment.