Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is required. That patient gets comfortable with a particular dentist, however then has to forge a relationship with another in order to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either location.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of feeling ashamed because of an imperfect smile or are living with the pain and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin constructs a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and infusing courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Maryland Heights, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, step-by-step procedure in every part of the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves utilizing four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without applying dentures. Most often completed in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently designed and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to offer support and a natural appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and conveniently finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as few as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of utilizing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reconstruct a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and multiple sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and often require at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — deals with your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most routine indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one appointment.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be certain that your living space is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and relieve stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be certain that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to assuring that you are confident with your smile.
Great smiles start with us. Contact us or phone us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office today to make an appointment.