Oral Surgery. Most area dentists observe patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is necessary. That patient gets comfortable with a certain dentist, however then needs to forge a relationship with another in order to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or reach out to us today to make an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either locale.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of being embarrassed due to a flawed smile or are living with the agony and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound enjoyable. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing confidence in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Kirkwood, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then develop and follow a customized, gradual plan all through the surgical process. He has extensive experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves using four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Typically finished in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often created and implanted in two oral surgery appointments, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone during oral surgery to offer support and a natural appearance. Ideal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically finished in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which are often finished in as little as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of employing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than conventional dentures and generally take at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — deals with your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin provides wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and relieve stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Be patient with yourself. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with first-time patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.
Great smiles start with us. Reach out to us or phone us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office now to schedule an appointment.