Oral Surgery. Most area dentists see patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is required. That patient gets familiar with a certain dentist, however then has to build a relationship with another so as to feel semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us today to make an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either locale.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients reach their ideal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of feeling ashamed by an imperfect smile or are living with the pain and disadvantage of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates offer the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We get it, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin builds a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and instilling courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Bridgeton, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
Types of Oral Surgery
Whatever your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then construct and follow a personalized, gradual procedure throughout the surgical process. He has vast experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — involves utilizing four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Most often completed in three oral surgery sessions, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are finished with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently created and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can rely on a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to offer support and a conventional appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and typically completed in as little as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade providing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which are often completed in as little as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the procedure of utilizing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Involves several serious oral surgerys and multiple appointments.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and generally require at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — deals with your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one appointment.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other part of the body, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the best possible frame of mind for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be certain that your home is neat and clean, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and diminish stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation following your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your procedure.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team thinks it is best to adhere to the following:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you pick Martin Dental & Associates for your entire dental needs, you can be certain that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.