Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is required. That patient gets comfortable with a certain dentist, but then needs to forge a relationship with another in order to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has over 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either location.
Our team is passionate about helping patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are tired of feeling ashamed due to a flawed smile or are dealing with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the top options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin constructs a personalized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing confidence in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Woodson Terrace, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a customized, gradual procedure in every part of the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for using four dental implants to build a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without using dentures. Typically completed in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Frequently created and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium pieces implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to provide support and a conventional appearance. Optimal for patients missing teeth because of gum disease or an accident and conveniently completed in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics deals with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade offering endodontics and painless and effective root canal therapy, which can be completed in as little as two sessions.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of utilizing different materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to reestablish a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and generally require at least two surgeries to finish.
- TMJ therapy — involves your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common indications include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain while chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and create a customized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — assist in achieving a flawless and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Often finished in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin offers wisdom teeth extraction for patients of all ages in one visit.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like surgery on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow in order to put yourself in the ideal mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Make sure that your living space is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Arrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
Following your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is most beneficial to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin understands the importance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff look forward to making more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is devoted to ensuring that you are confident with your smile.
Great smiles begin with us. Contact us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location today to make an appointment.