Oral Surgery. Most area dentists examine patients, and then count on referrals when oral surgery is needed. That patient gets familiar with a particular dentist, but then has to build a relationship with another in order to be semi-complacent with someone performing oral surgery. That is unheard of at Dr. John Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has more than 30 years of experience in oral surgical services in the Greater St. Louis area.
Phone us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or reach out to us today to schedule an appointment. New patients are always welcome at either locale.
Our team is passionate about assisting patients achieve optimal oral health — before, during, and after oral surgery. If you are sick of being embarrassed by an imperfect smile or are living with the pain and inconvenience of missing or damaged teeth, the experts at Martin Dental & Associates provide the best options in oral surgery in the Greater St. Louis area. We understand, oral surgery doesn’t seem like a walk in the park, or sound fun. Dr. John Martin constructs a customized oral surgery plan, abating concern and inducing courage in patients.
Martin Dental & Associates is proud to be responsible for your oral surgery near Richmond Heights, MO, a task we don't take lightly. We provide several high-quality services, including:
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
Types of Oral Surgery
No matter your oral surgery needs in the St. Louis area, Dr. Martin is the dentist for you. He will diagnose and then create and follow a personalized, step-by-step procedure throughout the surgical process. He has ample experience in many types of oral surgery, including:
- All on 4 — calls for utilizing four dental implants to construct a full, permanent dental bridge to give you the smile you want without employing dentures. Typically completed in three oral surgery appointments, including one or two consultations and surgery.
- Crowns and bridges — come in different styles, including full and partial, and are completed with a set of zirconium or porcelain crowns. Most often designed and implanted in two oral surgery sessions, but can depend upon a patient’s oral health.
- Restoration of dental implants — titanium devices implanted into a patient’s jawbone amid oral surgery to offer support and a natural appearance. Best for patients missing teeth due to gum disease or an accident and conveniently finished in as few as one or two sessions.
- Endodontics/Root canal therapy — Endodontics is concerned with the dental pulp or soft issues inside a tooth. Dr. John Martin’s oral surgery team is in its fourth decade practicing endodontics and comfortable and effective root canal therapy, which can be finished in as little as two appointments.
- Full mouth rehabilitation — the process of utilizing various materials and methods (most often titanium implants, porcelain crowns and porcelain veneers) to rebuild a patient’s smile. Calls for several serious oral surgerys and numerous sessions.
- Implant supported dentures — are a more permanent solution than traditional dentures and generally require at least two surgeries to complete.
- TMJ therapy — deals with your temporomandibular joints, which act as hinges in your jaw. Most common symptoms include clicking or popping sound when opening your jaw, face pain, jaw pain, or pain when chewing. Dr. Martin’s oral surgery team can assess your symptoms and implement a personalized treatment plan in one or two sessions.
- Tooth colored fillings — help achieve a pristine and natural looking smile by seamlessly blending in with the look of your existing teeth. Typically completed in one session.
- Wisdom teeth removal — a necessary evil for most people. Dr. Martin performs wisdom teeth removal for patients of all ages in one session.
Preparing For Oral Surgery
Much like a procedure on any other bodypart, oral surgery requires some preparation. The Martin Dental & Associates team has developed a protocol to follow so as to put yourself in the best possible mindset for oral surgery. Be sure to:
- Be sure that your home is clean and neat, so that you are comfortable for at least a few days, if necessary.
- Incline your bed, so that you can be comfortable and alleviate stress on your mouth.
- Prearrange for transportation after your oral surgery.
- Follow your oral surgery treatment plan from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin will have you refrain from eating or drinking anything for an allotted time prior to your surgery.
After your oral surgery, the Martin Dental & Associates team feels it is best to adhere to the following:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol after oral surgery. These will slow the healing process.
- Rather than brushing your teeth, rinse your mouth with salt water every few hours
- Give yourself a break. Recovery from oral surgery takes time.
- Follow up with Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin has a postsurgery plan in place just for you.
Oral Surgery | Martin & Associates St. Louis Area Dentists
Dr. Martin knows the significance of making quality dental care accessible and affordable to local St. Louis residents. Native St. Louisans, the Martin Dental & Associates staff anticipate creating more local connections, developing relationships with new patients. When you choose Martin Dental & Associates for all of your dental needs, you can be confident that someone is on your side that cares about your total health and is dedicated to assuring that you are confident with your smile.