Severe Tooth Pain Woodson Terrace, MO
The team at John Martin Dental & Associates provides exceptional treatment to clients throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and MD Heights--you can get in touch with us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe tooth pain is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is typically related to an underlying issue. Our experts in Woodson Terrace, MO, that handle severe tooth pain can you help you identify causes and offer preventative measures that help you get your teeth wellness back on track. Do not wait to contact our professionals now to learn how we can help with severe tooth pain in Woodson Terrace, MO.
What Causes Severe Tooth Pain?
Severe oral ache can be a unpleasant and paralyzing condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. Some common causes of severe tooth agony include:
- Tooth Caries: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the most common causes of dental ache. When germs is in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, may lead to cavities and severe agony if left untreated.
- Gum Disorder: Periodontal condition, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause tooth ache, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An infection is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a tooth or between the dental and gum. It can cause agonizing, pounding pain and often requires dental treatment for severe tooth pain patients in Woodson Terrace, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or fractured tooth often exposes the sensitive inner tissues (dental pulp), resulting in severe ache, especially when biting or consuming hot, cold, sugary, or acidic foods and beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity may cause sharp, shooting pain when you consume hot, cold, sugary, or sour foods or beverages. This is related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing discomfort, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe oral ache can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you're experiencing severe tooth agony in Woodson Terrace, MO, it is crucial to see a dentist as soon as possible. Neglecting dental pain can lead to further complications and worsen the any underlying situation. Your Woodson Terrace, MO, dentist will likely perform a comprehensive examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the pain and address the underlying problem.
In the meantime, over-the-counter painkillers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help manage the ache, but these drugs do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our professionals now to learn more about treating and managing severe tooth pains and aches in Woodson Terrace, MO. Contact us at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped toothache repair in the Woodson Terrace, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled staff of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Woodson Terrace, MO, severe tooth pain patients also have to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Avoid Severe Toothache & Gumline Ache
While heredity plays a role, there are a couple of approaches and habits that are important for averting oral care and discomfort. See below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Woodson Terrace, MO:
- It's vital to brush your teeth more than once a day for at least two minutes. This routine prevents chronic gums and tooth cavities--that can later turn into severe tooth ache.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any edibles and particles that that may develop plaque. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoridated mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gums disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to oral health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a prolonged effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting pain when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A fractured tooth is at risk for sharp spikes in pain. Cracked expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe discomfort when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum disease is a major concern. Gum diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause extremely severe tooth discomfort and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Woodson Terrace, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Treatment in Woodson Terrace, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause migraines, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Do not suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for our patients.