Severe Tooth Pain Bridgeton, MO
The staff at John Martin Dental & Associates provides exceptional care to patients throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can get in touch with us at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe tooth agony is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is typically related to an underlying issue. Our experts in Bridgeton, MO, that manage severe tooth pain can you help you identify causes and offer preventative measures that help you get your mouth and teeth health back on track. Don't hesitate to contact our experts now to learn how we can help with severe tooth pain in Bridgeton, MO.
What Causes Severe Toothache Agony?
Severe tooth ache can be a unpleasant and crippling condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. Some common causes of severe teeth pain include the following:
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the most common causes of oral pain. When bacteria are in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, and can lead to decay and severe ache if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal condition, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause tooth discomfort, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An abscess is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a dental or between the oral and gum. It can cause agonizing, pounding discomfort and often requires immediate dental treatment for severe tooth pain patients in Bridgeton, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or broken tooth often exposes the sensitive inner tissues (pulp), resulting in severe pain, especially when biting or consuming hot, cold, sweet, or acidic foods and beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity may cause sharp, shooting pain when you consume warm, cool, sweet, or acidic foods and beverages. This can be often related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing agony, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe oral agony can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you're experiencing severe dental ache in Bridgeton, MO, it is vital to see a dentist as soon as possible. Ignoring dental discomfort can lead to further complications and worsen the underlying issue. Your Bridgeton, MO, dentist will likely perform a comprehensive examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the discomfort and address the underlying problem.
In the meantime, over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen may help manage the agony, but these drugs do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our professionals now to learn more about treating and managing severe oral aches and discomfort in Bridgeton, MO. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped tooth repair in the Bridgeton, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled team of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Bridgeton, MO, severe tooth pain patients also have to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Stop Severe Toothache & Gum Ache
While genetics plays a role, there are a couple of approaches and habits that are important for preventive oral care and agony. Look below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Bridgeton, MO:
- It's essential to brush your tooth more than once a day for more than two minutes. This routine can prevent prolonged gum and dental decay--that can later turn into severe oral discomfort.
- Floss at least once a day to get rid of any eatables and particles that that may allow plaque to grow. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoridated mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gum disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to dental health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a persistent effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting discomfort when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A fractured dental is at risk for sharp spikes in discomfort. Fractured expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as dental pulp) that often result in severe discomfort when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a significant concern. Gum diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause intensely painful tooth discomfort and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Bridgeton, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Dentist in Bridgeton, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause migraines, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Do not suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for patients.