Severe Tooth Pain Creve Coeur, MO
The team at John Martin Dental provides premium treatment to clients throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can reach out to our office at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe tooth agony is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is usually related to an underlying issue. Our experts in Creve Coeur, MO, that handle severe tooth pain can you help you identify causes and suggests preventative measures that help you get your mouth and teeth wellness back on track. Don't wait to call John Martin Dental & Associates professionals now to learn more about how we can help with severe tooth pain in Creve Coeur, MO.
What Causes Severe Toothache Agony?
Severe tooth ache can be a painful and crippling condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. A few causes of severe dental agony include the following:
- Tooth Decay: Cavities, or dental caries, is one of the more common causes of tooth discomfort. When germs is in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, and can lead to decay and severe agony if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal condition, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause oral pain, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An abscess is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a tooth or between the tooth and gum. It can cause intense, pulsating agony and often requires immediate dental treatment for severe tooth pain patients in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or fractured tooth often exposes the sensitive inner tissues (dental pulp), resulting in severe discomfort, especially when biting or consuming hot, cool, sweet, or sour foods and beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity can cause sharp, shooting discomfort when you consume hot, cold, sugary, or sour foods and beverages. This can be often related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing discomfort, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe oral pain can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you are experiencing severe toothache discomfort in Creve Coeur, MO, it is crucial to see a dentist as soon as possible. Neglecting dental agony can lead to further complications and worsen the underlying situation. Your Creve Coeur, MO, dentist will likely perform a comprehensive examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the ache and address the underlying problem.
Over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help manage the pain, but these drugs do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our professionals now to learn more about treating and managing severe oral aches and aches in Creve Coeur, MO. Contact us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped dental repair in the Creve Coeur, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled staff of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Creve Coeur, MO, severe tooth pain patients have access to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Avoid Severe Dental & Gumline Ache
While genetics plays a role, there are a couple of methods and habits that are important for precautionary oral care and agony. See below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Creve Coeur, MO:
- It's essential to brush your teeth more than once a day for at least two minutes. This habit can prevent long-term gumline and dental cavities--that can later turn into severe dental discomfort.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any food items and particles that that may allow plaque to grow. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoride-based mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gum disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to oral health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a prolonged effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting pain when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A broken tooth is at risk for sharp spikes in ache. Cracked expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe discomfort when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum disease is a major concern. Periodontal diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause extremely severe dental pain and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Creve Coeur, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Treatment in Creve Coeur, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause headaches, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Do not suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for patients.