Severe Tooth Pain Webster Groves, MO
The team at John Martin Dental provides superior treatment to patients throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can get in touch with us at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe oral discomfort is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is usually related to an underlying issue. Our team in Webster Groves, MO, that handle severe tooth pain can you help you identify causes and offer preventative measures that help you get your teeth health back on track. Do not hesitate to call John Martin Dentals professionals now to learn more about how we can help with severe tooth pain in Webster Groves, MO.
What Causes Severe Dental Agony?
Severe oral agony can be a agonizing and paralyzing condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. A few causes of severe teeth ache include:
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the more common causes of oral pain. When bacteria grows in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, may lead to decay and severe discomfort if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal condition, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause oral agony, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An abscess is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a dental or between the oral and gum. It can cause severe, throbbing ache and often requires immediate dental care for severe tooth pain patients in Webster Groves, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or fractured tooth can expose the sensitive inner tissues (dental pulp), resulting in severe agony, especially when biting or consuming hot, cool, sweet, or sour foods and or beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity can cause sharp, shooting discomfort when you consume warm, cold, sugary, or sour foods and beverages. This condition is often related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing pain, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe oral ache can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you're experiencing severe dental discomfort in Webster Groves, MO, it is vital to see a dentist as soon as possible. Neglecting dental ache can lead to additional complications and worsen the underlying situation. Your Webster Groves, MO, dentist will perform a comprehensive examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the pain and address the underlying issue.
In the meantime, over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen may help manage the agony, but they do not replace the need for expert dental care. Contact our team today to learn more about treating and managing severe dental pains and aches in Webster Groves, MO. Contact us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped tooth repair in the Webster Groves, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled staff of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Webster Groves, MO, severe tooth pain patients also have to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Mitigate Severe Tooth & Gumline Pain
While heredity plays a role, there are a couple of techniques and habits that are important for preventative oral care and pain. See below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Webster Groves, MO:
- It's crucial to brush your teeth more than once a day for at least two minutes. This habit can prevent persistent gumline and dental cavities--that can turn into severe tooth pain.
- Floss at least once a day to get rid of any edibles and particles that that may develop plaque. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoride-infused mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gums disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to dental health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a chronic effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting pain when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A cracked dental is at risk for sharp spikes in pain. Broken expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe discomfort when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a major concern. Periodontal diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause extremely severe dental discomfort and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Webster Groves, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Treatment in Webster Groves, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause headaches, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Don't suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for our patients.