Severe Tooth Pain Pine Lawn, MO
The team at John Martin Dental provides top-notch treatment to clients throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and MD Heights--you can reach out to our office at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office or 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe dental discomfort is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is typically related to an underlying issue. Our team in Pine Lawn, MO, that manage severe tooth pain can you help you identify causes and suggests preventative measures that help you get your mouth and teeth wellness back on track. Don't hesitate to contact John Martin Dentals professionals today to learn how we can help with severe tooth pain in Pine Lawn, MO.
What Causes Severe Dental Pain?
Severe oral agony can be a agonizing and paralyzing condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. A few causes of severe oral discomfort include:
- Tooth Caries: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the most common causes of tooth agony. When germs grows in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, and can lead to decay and severe pain if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal condition, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause oral ache, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An abscess is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a dental or between the tooth and gum. It can cause severe, pulsating discomfort and often requires immediate dental care for severe tooth pain patients in Pine Lawn, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or fractured tooth can expose the sensitive inner tissues (pulp), resulting in severe discomfort, especially when biting or consuming hot, cold, sugary, or sour foods and beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity can cause sharp, shooting agony when you consume warm, cool, sugary, or sour foods and beverages. This condition is often related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing pain, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe oral pain can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you are experiencing severe tooth ache in Pine Lawn, MO, it's important to see a dentist as soon as possible. Ignoring dental ache can lead to additional complications and worsen the underlying situation. Your Pine Lawn, MO, dentist will likely perform a extensive examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the agony and address the underlying issue.
Over-the-counter painkillers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help manage the ache, but these drugs do not replace the need for expert dental care. Contact our experts today to learn more about treating and managing severe tooth pains and discomfort in Pine Lawn, MO. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped dental repair in the Pine Lawn, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled staff of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Pine Lawn, MO, severe tooth pain patients have access to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Stop Severe Dental & Gum Ache
While heredity plays a role, there are a couple of strategies and habits that are important for preventative dental care and ache. Look below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Pine Lawn, MO:
- It's vital to brush your dental more than once a day for at least two minutes. This routine can prevent chronic gumline and tooth decay--that can later turn into severe dental agony.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any food items and particles that that may allow plaque to grow. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoride-infused mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gum disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to tooth health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a long-term effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting ache when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A fractured oral is at risk for sharp spikes in discomfort. Cracked expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as dental pulp) that often result in severe pain when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a major concern. Periodontal diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause extremely severe dental pain and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Pine Lawn, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Treatment in Pine Lawn, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause migraines, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Do not suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for our patients.