Severe Tooth Pain North St. Louis County, MO
The team at John Martin Dental provides exceptional care to individuals throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can reach out to our office at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe dental ache is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is typically related to an underlying issue. Our experts in North St. Louis County, MO, that manage severe tooth pain can you help you identify causes and suggests preventative measures that help you get your mouth health back on track. Do not hesitate to contact John Martin Dentals team today to learn more about how we can help with severe tooth pain in North St. Louis County, MO.
What Causes Severe Tooth Ache?
Severe tooth discomfort can be a agonizing and crippling condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. Some common causes of severe teeth discomfort include:
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the most common causes of tooth pain. When germs grows in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, may lead to decay and severe discomfort if left untreated.
- Gum Disorder: Periodontal disease, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause oral discomfort, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An abscess is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a dental or between the tooth and gum. It can cause intense, pounding discomfort and often requires immediate dental treatment for severe tooth pain patients in North St. Louis County, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or broken tooth can expose the sensitive inner tissues (dental pulp), resulting in severe agony, especially when biting or consuming hot, cool, sugary, or acidic foods or beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity can cause sharp, shooting discomfort when you consume hot, cold, sugary, or sour foods and beverages. This is related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing discomfort, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe dental agony can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you're experiencing severe toothache ache in North St. Louis County, MO, it's crucial to see a dentist as soon as possible. Neglecting dental discomfort can lead to additional complications and worsen the underlying issue. Your North St. Louis County, MO, dentist will likely perform a comprehensive examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the agony and address the underlying issue.
In the meantime, over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help manage the pain, but these drugs do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our professionals now to learn more about treating and managing severe oral pains and aches in North St. Louis County, MO. Contact us at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped dental repair in the North St. Louis County, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled team of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. North St. Louis County, MO, severe tooth pain patients have access to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Stop Severe Dental & Gums Pain
While heredity plays a role, there are a few techniques and habits that are important for preventive dental care and agony. See below for more information about severe tooth pain management in North St. Louis County, MO:
- It's crucial to brush your teeth more than once a day for more than two minutes. This practice can prevent long-term gums and dental cavities--which can turn into severe dental agony.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any eatables and particles that that may develop plaque. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoride-infused mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gum disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to oral health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a chronic effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting agony when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A fractured oral is at risk for sharp spikes in discomfort. Fractured expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe discomfort when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a major concern. Periodontal diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause extremely severe tooth discomfort and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
We offer a range of services in North St. Louis County, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Dentist in North St. Louis County, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause migraines, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Don't suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for patients.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us online. If you're suffering from severe tooth pain in North St. Louis County, MO, we're here to help.