Severe Tooth Pain Hermann, MO
The team at John Martin Dental & Associates provides top-notch care to clients throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can get in touch with us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe oral discomfort is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is usually related to an underlying issue. Our experts in Hermann, MO, that manage severe tooth pain help patients identify causes and suggests preventative measures that help you get your mouth and teeth wellness back on track. Don't hesitate to contact our team now to learn more about how we can help with severe tooth pain in Hermann, MO.
What Causes Severe Dental Agony?
Severe dental agony can be a agonizing and debilitating condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. Some common causes of severe oral pain include:
- Tooth Decay: Cavities, or dental caries, is one of the most common causes of dental discomfort. When germs grows in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, may lead to decay and severe agony if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal disease, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause oral pain, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An infection is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a tooth or between the tooth and gum. It can cause severe, throbbing pain and often requires immediate dental care for severe tooth pain patients in Hermann, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or broken tooth often exposes the sensitive inner tissues (pulp), resulting in severe agony, especially when chewing or consuming hot, cold, sugary, or sour foods or beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity may cause sharp, shooting discomfort when you consume hot, cold, sweet, or sour foods or beverages. This condition is often related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing agony, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe dental agony can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you are experiencing severe dental pain in Hermann, MO, it's crucial to see a dentist as soon as possible. Ignoring dental agony can lead to further complications and worsen the underlying situation. Your Hermann, MO, dentist will likely perform a detailed examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the ache and address any underlying problem.
Over-the-counter painkillers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help manage the discomfort, but they do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our professionals now to learn more about treating and managing severe dental aches and discomfort in Hermann, MO. Contact us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped toothache repair in the Hermann, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled team of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Hermann, MO, severe tooth pain patients also have to a wide range of other dental procedures, including:
Ways to Stop Severe Dental & Gums Ache
While heredity plays a role, there are a few methods and habits that are important for precautionary tooth care and pain. Look below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Hermann, MO:
- It's important to brush your teeth more than once per day for more than two minutes. This routine prevents chronic gumline and tooth decay--which can later turn into severe dental ache.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any eatables and particles that that may allow plaque to grow. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoride-based mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gumline disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to tooth health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a persistent effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting agony when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A cracked oral is at risk for sharp spikes in pain. Broken expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe pain when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a major concern. Periodontal diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause extremely severe dental pain and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Hermann, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Dentist in Hermann, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause headaches, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Do not suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for our patients.