Severe Tooth Pain Hazelwood, MO
The staff at John Martin Dental provides top-notch care to clients throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can get in touch with us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe oral agony is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is usually related to an underlying issue. Our professionals in Hazelwood, MO, that handle severe tooth pain help patients identify causes and offer preventative measures that help you get your mouth and teeth wellness back on track. Do not hesitate to call John Martin Dental & Associates team now to learn more about how we can help with severe tooth pain in Hazelwood, MO.
What Causes Severe Dental Pain?
Severe dental ache can be a agonizing and crippling condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. A few causes of severe teeth pain include:
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the more common causes of oral discomfort. When bacteria is in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, and can lead to cavities and severe pain if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal condition, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause tooth discomfort, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An abscess is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a dental or between the oral and gum. It can cause intense, throbbing pain and often requires dental treatment for severe tooth pain patients in Hazelwood, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or broken tooth can expose the sensitive inner tissues (pulp), resulting in severe discomfort, especially when chewing or consuming warm, cool, sugary, or acidic foods and or beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity may cause sharp, shooting agony when you consume hot, cool, sugary, or sour foods and beverages. This can be related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing discomfort, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe dental agony can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you're experiencing severe toothache discomfort in Hazelwood, MO, it's essential to see a dentist as soon as possible. Neglecting dental pain can lead to further complications and worsen the any underlying issue. Your Hazelwood, MO, dentist will likely perform a detailed examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the agony and address any underlying issue.
Over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen may help manage the discomfort, but they do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our experts now to learn more about treating and managing severe dental aches and discomfort in Hazelwood, MO. Contact us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped toothache repair in the Hazelwood, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled team of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Hazelwood, MO, severe tooth pain patients have access to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Avoid Severe Tooth & Gum Pain
While genetics plays a role, there are a few approaches and habits that are important for preventive oral care and pain. See below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Hazelwood, MO:
- It's essential to brush your teeth more than once per day for at least two minutes. This habit prevents long-term gums and dental cavities--which can turn into severe dental pain.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any food items and particles that that may develop plaque. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoride-infused mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gumline disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to dental health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a prolonged effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting discomfort when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A fractured dental is at risk for sharp spikes in discomfort. Cracked expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe pain when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a major concern. Periodontal diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause intensely painful tooth pain and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Hazelwood, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Dentist in Hazelwood, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause migraines, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Don't suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for patients.