Severe Tooth Pain Bellerive, MO
The staff at John Martin Dental provides exceptional service to individuals throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can get in touch with us at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office and 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe tooth ache is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is usually related to an underlying issue. Our experts in Bellerive, MO, that manage severe tooth pain help patients identify causes and offer preventative measures that help you get your mouth wellness back on track. Don't hesitate to call our team today to learn more about how we can help with severe tooth pain in Bellerive, MO.
What Causes Severe Toothache Discomfort?
Severe dental agony can be a painful and paralyzing condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. A few causes of severe dental agony include the following:
- Tooth Caries: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the more common causes of tooth discomfort. When germs grows in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, and can lead to cavities and severe agony if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal disease, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause dental ache, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An abscess is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a tooth or between the tooth and gum. It can cause severe, pounding pain and often requires dental treatment for severe tooth pain patients in Bellerive, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or broken tooth can expose the sensitive inner tissues (dental pulp), resulting in severe ache, especially when chewing or consuming warm, cool, sugary, or sour foods or beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity can cause sharp, shooting pain when you consume warm, cold, sugary, or sour foods or beverages. This can be often related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing pain, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe tooth agony can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you are experiencing severe tooth discomfort in Bellerive, MO, it is crucial to see a dentist as soon as possible. Ignoring dental pain can lead to additional complications and worsen the any underlying situation. Your Bellerive, MO, dentist will likely perform a detailed examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the agony and address the underlying issue.
Over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen may help manage the ache, but they do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our team today to learn more about treating and managing severe tooth aches and aches in Bellerive, MO. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped dental repair in the Bellerive, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled staff of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Bellerive, MO, severe tooth pain patients have access to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Mitigate Severe Dental & Gums Ache
While heredity plays a role, there are a couple of strategies and habits that are important for precautionary dental care and ache. Look below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Bellerive, MO:
- It's important to brush your dental more than once per day for at least two minutes. This practice can prevent prolonged gumline and tooth cavities--which can later turn into severe oral pain.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any food items and particles that that may allow plaque to grow. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoridated mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gumline disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to tooth health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a persistent effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting discomfort when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A cracked dental is at risk for sharp spikes in agony. Broken expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe discomfort when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum disease is a major concern. Gum diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause extremely severe dental pain and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
Our office offers a range of services in Bellerive, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Dentist in Bellerive, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause migraines, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Do not suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for our patients.