Severe Tooth Pain Rosebud, MO
The staff at John Martin Dental & Associates provides exceptional treatment to individuals throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can get in touch with us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe dental agony is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is usually related to an underlying issue. Our experts in Rosebud, MO, that handle severe tooth pain help patients identify causes and offer preventative measures that help you get your teeth wellness back on track. Don't wait to contact John Martin Dental & Associates professionals today to learn how we can help with severe tooth pain in Rosebud, MO.
What Causes Severe Tooth Ache?
Severe tooth discomfort can be a agonizing and paralyzing condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. A few causes of severe teeth ache include:
- Tooth Caries: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the more common causes of dental pain. When germs is in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, and can lead to decay and severe discomfort if left untreated.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal disease, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause tooth agony, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An infection is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a dental or between the oral and gum. It can cause severe, throbbing discomfort and often requires dental treatment for severe tooth pain patients in Rosebud, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or broken tooth often exposes the sensitive inner tissues (pulp), resulting in severe discomfort, especially when chewing or consuming hot, cool, sugary, or acidic foods or beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity can cause sharp, shooting pain when you consume hot, cold, sugary, or sour foods or beverages. This condition is often related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing pain, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe tooth agony can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you are experiencing severe tooth ache in Rosebud, MO, it is essential to see a dentist as soon as possible. Neglecting dental pain can lead to additional complications and worsen the any underlying issue. Your Rosebud, MO, dentist will perform a detailed examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the pain and address any underlying issue.
Over-the-counter painkillers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help manage the agony, but these drugs do not replace the need for professional dental care. Contact our team today to learn more about treating and managing severe oral aches and discomfort in Rosebud, MO. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our MD Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped tooth repair in the Rosebud, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled team of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Rosebud, MO, severe tooth pain patients have access to a wide range of other dental procedures, which includes:
Ways to Mitigate Severe Dental & Gumline Ache
While genetics plays a role, there are a couple of strategies and habits that are important for averting oral care and pain. See below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Rosebud, MO:
- It's crucial to brush your teeth more than once per day for at least two minutes. This routine can prevent long-term gumline and dental cavities--that can turn into severe oral ache.
- Floss at least once per day to get rid of any food items and particles that that may allow plaque to grow. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoride-based mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gum disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to oral health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a chronic effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting pain when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A broken tooth is at risk for sharp spikes in discomfort. Broken expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as pulp) that often result in severe pain when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a significant concern. Periodontal diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause intensely painful dental pain and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
We offer a range of services in Rosebud, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Treatment in Rosebud, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause headaches, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Don't suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for our patients.