Severe Tooth Pain Town and Country, MO
The team at John Martin Dental provides top-notch service to individuals throughout the Great St. Louis Area. We have offices in Gerard and Maryland Heights--you can reach out to our office at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for Gerard.
Severe tooth agony is often an unexpected, sharp feeling that is typically related to an underlying issue. Our team in Town and Country, MO, that handle severe tooth pain can you help you identify causes and offer preventative measures that help you get your mouth health back on track. Do not hesitate to contact John Martin Dentals professionals today to learn how we can help with severe tooth pain in Town and Country, MO.
What Causes Severe Tooth Agony?
Severe oral ache can be a painful and disabling condition that is often caused by various dental or oral health problems. Some common causes of severe oral agony include:
- Tooth Decay: Tooth decay, or dental caries, is one of the more common causes of dental pain. When bacteria grows in your mouth, it produces acids that eat away at the enamel, may lead to decay and severe pain if left untreated.
- Gum Disorder: Periodontal condition, such as gingivitis or periodontitis, can cause tooth agony, especially if it has advanced to the point of affecting the supporting structures of the teeth.
- Dental Abscess: An infection is a pocket of pus that can form at the root of a dental or between the oral and gum. It can cause intense, pulsating ache and often requires immediate dental care for severe tooth pain patients in Town and Country, MO.
- Tooth Fracture: A cracked or fractured tooth can expose the sensitive inner tissues (dental pulp), resulting in severe discomfort, especially when biting or consuming warm, cold, sweet, or sour foods and or beverages.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Tooth sensitivity may cause sharp, shooting agony when you consume hot, cold, sweet, or acidic foods or beverages. This can be related to exposed dentin or receding gums.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth that do not have enough space to properly emerge can become impacted, causing agony, inflammation, and infection.
- Dental Procedures: Severe oral pain can sometimes be a side effect of dental procedures like root canals or extractions, but this is usually temporary and should improve as the healing process progresses.
If you are experiencing severe tooth agony in Town and Country, MO, it's vital to see a dentist as soon as possible. Neglecting dental ache can lead to additional complications and worsen the any underlying issue. Your Town and Country, MO, dentist will likely perform a comprehensive examination, possibly take X-rays, and recommend appropriate treatment, which may include dental fillings, root canals, extractions, or other interventions to alleviate the ache and address any underlying issue.
In the meantime, over-the-counter pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help manage the discomfort, but these drugs do not replace the need for expert dental care. Contact our experts today to learn more about treating and managing severe dental aches and aches in Town and Country, MO. Contact us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
In addition to providing leading chipped toothache repair in the Town and Country, MO, area, Dr. John Martin and the skilled team of dentists at Martin Dental & Associates offer services in these areas:
Our St. Town and Country, MO, severe tooth pain patients also have to a wide range of other dental procedures, including:
Ways to Stop Severe Tooth & Gumline Ache
While genetics plays a role, there are a couple of strategies and habits that are important for averting dental care and pain. See below for more information about severe tooth pain management in Town and Country, MO:
- It's important to brush your tooth more than once per day for more than two minutes. This practice can prevent prolonged gum and dental cavities--that can later turn into severe dental agony.
- Floss at least once a day to get rid of any eatables and particles that that may develop plaque. A toothbrush might not be as effective in certain parts of your mouth.
- Antimicrobial or fluoridated mouthwash is an easy way to counter plaque buildup and gums disease. It also helps remove bacteria and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Diet is another important component to oral health. What you eat, drink, smoke, or chew can have a long-term effect on mouth health.
- Wisdom teeth are a major concern for any young adult or teenager. Wisdom teeth come in "late" and cause severe inflammation, infection, and other problems related to your jaw.
- Tooth sensitivity is related to exposed dentin, receding gums, and other health conditions that cause sharp, shooting pain when you eat or consume anything that's sweet, acidic, hot, or cold.
- A cracked dental is at risk for sharp spikes in agony. Fractured expose sensitive inner tissues (also known as dental pulp) that often result in severe discomfort when you're eating or drinking.
- Gum infection is a significant concern. Gum diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis can cause intensely painful tooth pain and can be avoided with good gum, tooth, and health care.
We offer a range of services in Town and Country, MO, beyond severe tooth pain:
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Pediatric Dentist Near Me
- Dental Care
Severe Tooth Pain Dentist in Town and Country, MO
Severe tooth pain can cause headaches, anxiety, and an overall sense of being uncomfortable. Do not suffer--we accept a variety of insurance plans to make things as easy as possible for our patients.
Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us online. If you're suffering from severe tooth pain in Town and Country, MO, we're here to help.