Pediatric Dentist Near Me Town and Country, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me Town and Country, MO. The first few years of parenthood are stressful, to say the least. Looking, manically attempting to find a “pediatric dentist near me” in Town and Country, MO shouldn’t be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two accessible locations in the Town and Country, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the nearby pediatric dentist you’ve been looking for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in Town and Country, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his Town and Country, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your Town and Country, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near Town and Country, MO and as affordable as possible. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Town and Country, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
Town and Country, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near Town and Country, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near Town and Country, MO. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. In order to fight off this decay, your child needs an entire oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO.
Along with our pediatric dental services near you in Town and Country, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
Town and Country, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, especially initiated at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO, gets rid of bacteria and leftover food particles that, without attention would, combine to cause cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things building in your Town and Country, MO child’s mouth. Routine pediatric dental checkups every 6 months, as the AAPD suggests, will start your little one on a lifetime of good dental health. The pediatric dental services provided by Martin Dental & Associates near Town and Country, MO, include:
- Town and Country, MO Infant Care
- Town and Country, MO Tooth Brushing
- Town and Country, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- Town and Country, MO Tooth Eruption
- Town and Country, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- Town and Country, MO Cavity Prevention
- Cutback on the frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Avoid sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Pick nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- Town and Country, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is particularly helpful for your pediatric dentist in avoiding cavities and decay, and strengthening tooth enamel near Town and Country, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth. They are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in Town and Country, MO.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals diminish further injury when inflammation, infection, or damage has occurred near Town and Country, MO. Getting rid of pulp and nerve tissue from within an affected tooth soothes pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can avert issues like malocclusion from developing.
- Fillings — Children near Town and Country, MO are more prone to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they generally tend to eat more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as faithful to the suggested oral hygiene program as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material almost identical to a natural tooth is shaped, applied, and hardened. It is a quick and easy method to protect an exposed root, and is a common solution for masking minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your kid a perfect smile in Town and Country, MO. Particularly after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your child grows in Town and Country, MO, they might need procedures like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the straightening of their teeth and jaw. As they get older, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can provide these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Reach out to us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
Even before your child gets teeth in Town and Country, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Starting the practice of cleaning your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great regime to help in establishing strong oral health in Town and Country, MO.
As your baby gets older and teeth erupt, start using a child’s toothbrush with a pea-sized dab of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste may be used, but limited to the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, begin to teach your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in Town and Country, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will help with the procedure.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in Town and Country, MO. There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near Town and Country, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in Town and Country, MO. These habits can lead to:
Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in Town and Country, MO. As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in Town and Country, MO. A good amount of people believe that teething causes fevers, however, this is simply not true.
Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. Many Town and Country, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?”. When primary teeth rot, they can lead to dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and an additional one by the CDC, children who have poor oral health miss more school and receive worse grades than those who don’t. It is important for Town and Country, MO children to develop solid preventative habits, starting at an early age with Dr. Martin and his team near Town and Country, MO.
Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental team near Town and Country, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many people believe periodontal disease is an adult problem in Town and Country, MO, studies show that gingivitis is nearly a universal problem among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is preventable and treatable with a steady routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near Town and Country, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s symptoms of gum disease near Town and Country, MO, include:
Town and Country, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO, realizes it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near Town and Country, MO. So we know the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near Town and Country, MO, include:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in Town and Country, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You are entitled to a pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO that you feel at ease with and trust with your kid’s dental care and overall well-being. From the second you walk inside either of our two offices near Town and Country, MO, your child’s comfort and happiness is our number one priority. Our cordial and knowledgeable staff will address any questions or concerns you might have before, during, or after your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, even at an early age. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to make an appointment. New Town and Country, MO patients are welcome at either locale.