Pediatric Dentist Near Me Town and Country, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me Town and Country, MO. The first few years of parenthood are stressful, to say the least. Searching, desperately attempting to find a “pediatric dentist near me” in Town and Country, MO shouldn’t be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two convenient locations in the Town and Country, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the pediatric dentist near you that you’ve been searching for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in Town and Country, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his Town and Country, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your Town and Country, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near Town and Country, MO and as affordable as possible. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Town and Country, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
Town and Country, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near Town and Country, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that over 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near Town and Country, MO. In order to ward off this decay, your child needs an entire oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO.
In addition to our pediatric dental services near you in Town and Country, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
Town and Country, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, particularly started at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO, removes bacteria and leftover food particles that, without attention would, combine to create cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things building in your Town and Country, MO child’s mouth. Routine pediatric dental checkups twice a year, as the AAPD suggests, will begin your little one on a lifetime of good dental health. The pediatric dental services supplied by Martin Dental & Associates near Town and Country, MO, include:
- Town and Country, MO Infant Care
- Town and Country, MO Tooth Brushing
- Town and Country, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- Town and Country, MO Tooth Eruption
- Town and Country, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- Town and Country, MO Cavity Prevention
- Limit frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Stay away from sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Choose nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- Town and Country, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is especially helpful for your pediatric dentist in avoiding cavities and decay, and strengthening tooth enamel near Town and Country, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in Town and Country, MO. They are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals minimize further harm when inflammation, infection, or damage has happened near Town and Country, MO. Getting rid of pulp and nerve tissue from within a damaged tooth relieves pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can stop issues like malocclusion from starting.
- Fillings — Young people near Town and Country, MO are more prone to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they normally are liable to consume more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as staunch to the suggested oral hygiene program as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material almost identical to a natural tooth is shaped, applied, and hardened. It is a quick and simple method to cover an exposed root, and is a popular solution for hiding minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your child a pristine smile in Town and Country, MO. Especially after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your child ages in Town and Country, MO, they may need procedures like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the straightening of their teeth and jaw. As they age, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can supply these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Reach out to us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
Even before your child gets teeth in Town and Country, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Getting in the habit of cleaning your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great routine to help establish strong oral hygiene in Town and Country, MO.
As your baby gets older and teeth erupt, begin using a child’s toothbrush with a small, pea-sized amount of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste may be used, but only the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, start teaching your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in Town and Country, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will help with the procedure.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in Town and Country, MO. There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near Town and Country, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in Town and Country, MO. These habits can lead to:
As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in Town and Country, MO. Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in Town and Country, MO. A good amount of people believe that teething may cause a fever, but, this is simply not true.
Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. Many Town and Country, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?”. When primary teeth rot, they can lead to dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and an additional one by the CDC, kids who have poor oral hygiene are absent from school and get lower grades than those who don’t. It is critical for Town and Country, MO kids to cultivate strong preventative habits, beginning at an early age with Dr. Martin and his staff near Town and Country, MO.
Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental team near Town and Country, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many individuals believe periodontal disease is an adult problem in Town and Country, MO, studies indicate that gingivitis is essentially a universal issue among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is preventable and treatable with a steady routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near Town and Country, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s signs of gum disease near Town and Country, MO, are:
Town and Country, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO, realizes it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near Town and Country, MO. So we know the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near Town and Country, MO, include:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in Town and Country, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You are entitled to a pediatric dentist near you in Town and Country, MO that you feel at ease with and trust with your child’s dental care and overall well-being. From the minute you step inside either of our two offices near Town and Country, MO, your child’s comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority. Our welcoming and experienced staff will take care of any questions or concerns you might have before, during, or following your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, even at an early age. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Town and Country, MO patients are welcome at either locale.