Pediatric Dentist Near Me Pine Lawn, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me Pine Lawn, MO. It’s no secret that the first few years of parenthood are stressful. Looking, desperately trying to locate a “pediatric dentist near me” in Pine Lawn, MO shouldn’t be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two convenient locations in the Pine Lawn, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the pediatric dentist near you that you’ve been searching for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in Pine Lawn, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his Pine Lawn, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your Pine Lawn, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near Pine Lawn, MO and as affordable as possible. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Pine Lawn, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
Pine Lawn, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near Pine Lawn, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that over 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near Pine Lawn, MO. In order to fight off this decay, your child needs a complete oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in Pine Lawn, MO.
Along with our pediatric dental services near you in Pine Lawn, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
- Family Dentist
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
Pine Lawn, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, particularly initiated at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in Pine Lawn, MO, removes bacteria and leftover food particles that, without attention would, combine to create cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things building in your Pine Lawn, MO child’s mouth. Routine pediatric dental checkups twice a year, as the AAPD suggests, will put your little one on a lifetime of good dental health. The pediatric dental services provided by Martin Dental & Associates near Pine Lawn, MO, include:
- Pine Lawn, MO Infant Care
- Pine Lawn, MO Tooth Brushing
- Pine Lawn, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- Pine Lawn, MO Tooth Eruption
- Pine Lawn, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- Pine Lawn, MO Cavity Prevention
- Limit frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Stay away from sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Select nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- Pine Lawn, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is particularly beneficial for your pediatric dentist in preventing cavities and decay, and strengthening tooth enamel near Pine Lawn, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in Pine Lawn, MO. They are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals minimize further injury when inflammation, infection, or damage has occurred near Pine Lawn, MO. Getting rid of pulp and nerve tissue from within a damaged tooth soothes pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can stop problems like malocclusion from developing.
- Fillings — Young people near Pine Lawn, MO are more susceptible to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they generally tend to consume more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as faithful to the recommended oral hygiene routine as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material similar in appearance to a natural tooth is shaped, applied, and hardened. It is a quick and easy way to cover an exposed root, and is a common solution for masking minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your kid a perfect smile in Pine Lawn, MO. Particularly after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your child ages in Pine Lawn, MO, they might need procedures like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the alignment of their teeth and jaw. As they age, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in Pine Lawn, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can supply these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Contact us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
Even before your child gets teeth in Pine Lawn, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Getting in the practice of cleaning your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great routine to help in establishing strong oral hygiene in Pine Lawn, MO.
As your baby gets older and teeth erupt, start using a child’s toothbrush with a small, pea-sized dab of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste may be used, but limited to the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, start teaching your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in Pine Lawn, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will assist with the process.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in Pine Lawn, MO. These habits can lead to:
There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near Pine Lawn, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in Pine Lawn, MO
As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in Pine Lawn, MO. Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in Pine Lawn, MO. A good amount of people believe that teething may cause a fever, but, this is just not true.
Many Pine Lawn, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?” Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. When primary teeth get decay, they can cause severe dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and an additional one by the CDC, children who have poor oral health miss more school and get worse grades than those who don’t. It is vital for Pine Lawn, MO kids to build strong preventative habits, beginning at an early age with Dr. Martin and his team near Pine Lawn, MO.
By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental staff near Pine Lawn, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many people think periodontal disease is an adult problem in Pine Lawn, MO, studies show that gingivitis is essentially a universal problem among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is preventable and treatable with a steady routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near Pine Lawn, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s symptoms of gum disease near Pine Lawn, MO, are:
Pine Lawn, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in Pine Lawn, MO, knows the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. We realize it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near Pine Lawn, MO. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near Pine Lawn, MO, include:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in Pine Lawn, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You deserve a pediatric dentist near you in Pine Lawn, MO that you are at ease with and trust with your kid’s dental care and overall well-being. From the minute you step inside either of our two offices near Pine Lawn, MO, your child’s comfort and satisfaction is our number one goal. Our cordial and experienced staff will take care of any questions or concerns you might have prior to, during, or after your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, especially at an early age. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or reach out to us online as soon as possible to make an appointment. New Pine Lawn, MO patients are welcome at either locale.