Pediatric Dentist Near Me Rock Hill, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me Rock Hill, MO. It’s no secret that the first few years of parenthood are stressful. Looking, frantically attempting to locate a “pediatric dentist near me” in Rock Hill, MO shouldn’t be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two convenient locations in the Rock Hill, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the pediatric dentist near you that you’ve been looking for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in Rock Hill, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his Rock Hill, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your Rock Hill, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near Rock Hill, MO and as affordable as possible. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Rock Hill, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
Rock Hill, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near Rock Hill, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near Rock Hill, MO. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. In order to fight off this decay, your child needs an entire oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in Rock Hill, MO.
Contact us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office today to book an appointment near you in Rock Hill, MO.
In addition to our pediatric dental services near you in Rock Hill, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
Rock Hill, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, especially started at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in Rock Hill, MO, gets rid of bacteria and leftover food particles that, normally would, combine to create cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things going on in your Rock Hill, MO child’s mouth. Routine pediatric dental checkups twice a year, as the AAPD recommends, will start your little one on a trajectory of good oral health for life. The pediatric dental services supplied by Martin Dental & Associates near Rock Hill, MO, include:
- Rock Hill, MO Infant Care
- Rock Hill, MO Tooth Brushing
- Rock Hill, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- Rock Hill, MO Tooth Eruption
- Rock Hill, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- Rock Hill, MO Cavity Prevention
- Cutback on the frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Avoid sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Choose nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- Rock Hill, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is specifically beneficial for your pediatric dentist in avoiding cavities and decay, and bolstering tooth enamel near Rock Hill, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in Rock Hill, MO. They are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals minimize further injury when inflammation, infection, or damage has occurred near Rock Hill, MO. Removing pulp and nerve tissue from within an affected tooth soothes pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can stop problems like malocclusion from starting.
- Fillings — Young people near Rock Hill, MO are more susceptible to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they generally tend to consume more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as devoted to the suggested oral hygiene program as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material almost identical to a natural tooth is shaped, inserted, and hardened. It is a quick and easy method to protect an exposed root, and is a common solution for hiding minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your child a pristine smile in Rock Hill, MO. Particularly after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your child grows in Rock Hill, MO, they might need things like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the straightening of their teeth and jaw. As they get older, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in Rock Hill, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can provide these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Reach out to us or call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office.
Even before your child gets teeth in Rock Hill, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Starting the pattern of cleaning your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great routine to help in establishing strong oral hygiene in Rock Hill, MO.
As your baby grows and teeth erupt, begin using a child’s toothbrush with a small, pea-sized dab of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste may be used, but only the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, start teaching your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in Rock Hill, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will assist with the procedure.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in Rock Hill, MO. There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near Rock Hill, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in Rock Hill, MO. These habits can lead to:
As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in Rock Hill, MO. Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in Rock Hill, MO. A good amount of people believe that teething causes fevers, however, this is simply not true.
Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. Many Rock Hill, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?”. When primary teeth rot, they can lead to dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and an additional one by the CDC, children who have poor oral hygiene are absent from school and receive worse grades than those who don’t. It is vital for Rock Hill, MO children to cultivate strong preventative habits, starting at an early age with Dr. Martin and his team near Rock Hill, MO.
By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental staff near Rock Hill, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many individuals believe periodontal disease is an adult problem in Rock Hill, MO, studies show that gingivitis is nearly a universal issue among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is avoidable and treatable with a normal routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near Rock Hill, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s symptoms of gum disease near Rock Hill, MO, include:
Reach out to us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office today to book an appointment.
Rock Hill, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in Rock Hill, MO, knows the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. We realize it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near Rock Hill, MO. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near Rock Hill, MO, include:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in Rock Hill, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You are entitled to a pediatric dentist near you in Rock Hill, MO that you feel comfortable with and trust with your kid’s dental care and overall well-being. From the moment you walk inside either of our two offices near Rock Hill, MO, your child’s comfort and happiness is our number one priority. Our cordial and experienced staff will take care of any questions or concerns you might have before, during, or following your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, especially at an early age. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or reach out to us online as soon as possible to make an appointment. New Rock Hill, MO patients are welcome at either location.