Pediatric Dentist Near Me Webster Groves, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me Webster Groves, MO. It’s no secret that the first few years of parenthood are stressful. Looking, frantically trying to locate a “pediatric dentist near me” in Webster Groves, MO shouldn’t be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two convenient locations in the Webster Groves, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the pediatric dentist near you that you’ve been looking for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in Webster Groves, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his Webster Groves, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your Webster Groves, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near Webster Groves, MO and as affordable as possible. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Webster Groves, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
Webster Groves, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near Webster Groves, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that over 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near Webster Groves, MO. In order to stave off this decay, your child needs an entire oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in Webster Groves, MO.
In addition to our pediatric dental services near you in Webster Groves, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
- Severe Tooth Pain
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Dental Care
Webster Groves, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, particularly initiated at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in Webster Groves, MO, gets rid of bacteria and leftover food particles that, normally would, combine to cause cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things going on in your Webster Groves, MO child’s mouth. Routine pediatric dental checkups every 6 months, as the AAPD suggests, will begin your child on a trajectory of good oral health for life. The pediatric dental services supplied by Martin Dental & Associates near Webster Groves, MO, include:
- Webster Groves, MO Infant Care
- Webster Groves, MO Tooth Brushing
- Webster Groves, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- Webster Groves, MO Tooth Eruption
- Webster Groves, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- Webster Groves, MO Cavity Prevention
- Cutback on the frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Stay away from sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Pick nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- Webster Groves, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is especially helpful for your pediatric dentist in avoiding cavities and decay, and bolstering tooth enamel near Webster Groves, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth. They are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in Webster Groves, MO.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals diminish further injury when inflammation, infection, or damage has happened near Webster Groves, MO. Removing pulp and nerve tissue from within an affected tooth soothes pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can stop problems like malocclusion from developing.
- Fillings — Children near Webster Groves, MO are more susceptible to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they generally are liable to eat more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as staunch to the suggested oral hygiene plan as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material similar in appearance to a natural tooth is shaped, inserted, and hardened. It is a quick and simple way to protect an exposed root, and is a popular solution for hiding minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your child a pristine smile in Webster Groves, MO. Particularly after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your young one ages in Webster Groves, MO, they might need procedures like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the straightening of their teeth and jaw. As they get older, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in Webster Groves, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can supply these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Contact us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office.
Even before your child gets teeth in Webster Groves, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Starting the habit of cleaning your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great routine to help establish strong oral hygiene in Webster Groves, MO.
As your baby grows and teeth erupt, begin using a child’s toothbrush with a small, pea-sized amount of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste should be used, but limited to the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, begin to teach your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in Webster Groves, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will assist with the procedure.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in Webster Groves, MO. These habits can lead to:
There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near Webster Groves, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in Webster Groves, MO
As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in Webster Groves, MO. Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in Webster Groves, MO. Many individuals believe that teething causes fevers, however, this is just not true.
Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. Many Webster Groves, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?”. When primary teeth rot, they can lead to dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and another by the CDC, kids who have poor oral hygiene miss more school and receive worse grades than those who don’t. It is critical for Webster Groves, MO children to develop strong preventative habits, starting at an early age with Dr. Martin and his staff near Webster Groves, MO.
By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental staff near Webster Groves, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many people think periodontal disease is an adult problem in Webster Groves, MO, studies show that gingivitis is essentially a universal problem among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is preventable and treatable with a normal routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near Webster Groves, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s symptoms of gum disease near Webster Groves, MO, are:
Webster Groves, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in Webster Groves, MO, knows the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. We realize it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near Webster Groves, MO. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near Webster Groves, MO, are:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in Webster Groves, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You deserve a pediatric dentist near you in Webster Groves, MO that you are comfortable with and trust with your kid’s dental care and overall well-being. From the moment you step inside either of our two offices near Webster Groves, MO, your child’s comfort and satisfaction is our number one goal. Our cordial and experienced staff will take care of any questions or concerns you may have before, during, or after your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, especially at an early age. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online as soon as possible to make an appointment. New Webster Groves, MO patients are welcome at either location.