Pediatric Dentist Near Me Creve Coeur, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me Creve Coeur, MO. The first few years of parenthood are stressful, to say the least. Looking, desperately trying to find a “pediatric dentist near me” in Creve Coeur, MO should not be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two accessible locations in the Creve Coeur, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the nearby pediatric dentist you’ve been looking for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in Creve Coeur, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his Creve Coeur, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your Creve Coeur, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near Creve Coeur, MO and as affordable as possible. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Creve Coeur, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
Creve Coeur, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near Creve Coeur, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that over 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near Creve Coeur, MO. In order to stave off this decay, your child needs a complete oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in Creve Coeur, MO.
In addition to our pediatric dental services near you in Creve Coeur, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
- Severe Tooth Pain
- Crowded Teeth
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Dental Care
Creve Coeur, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, especially started at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in Creve Coeur, MO, removes bacteria and leftover food particles that, without attention would, combine to create cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things building in your Creve Coeur, MO child’s mouth. Routine pediatric dental checkups twice a year, as the AAPD suggests, will put your little one on a lifetime of good dental health. The pediatric dental services supplied by Martin Dental & Associates near Creve Coeur, MO, include:
- Creve Coeur, MO Infant Care
- Creve Coeur, MO Tooth Brushing
- Creve Coeur, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- Creve Coeur, MO Tooth Eruption
- Creve Coeur, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- Creve Coeur, MO Cavity Prevention
- Cutback on the frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Avoid sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Pick nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- Creve Coeur, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is especially beneficial for your pediatric dentist in avoiding cavities and decay, and bolstering tooth enamel near Creve Coeur, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth. They are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in Creve Coeur, MO.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals diminish further injury when inflammation, infection, or damage has occurred near Creve Coeur, MO. Removing pulp and nerve tissue from within an affected tooth alleviates pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can avert problems like malocclusion from starting.
- Fillings — Young people near Creve Coeur, MO are more susceptible to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they normally are liable to consume more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as devoted to the suggested oral hygiene routine as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material almost identical to a natural tooth is shaped, applied, and hardened. It is a quick and simple way to protect an exposed root, and is a common solution for masking minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your child a pristine smile in Creve Coeur, MO. Especially after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your child ages in Creve Coeur, MO, they might need procedures like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the straightening of their teeth and jaw. As they get older, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in Creve Coeur, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can provide these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Reach out to us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location.
Even before your child gets teeth in Creve Coeur, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Getting in the practice of wiping your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great routine to help in establishing strong oral health in Creve Coeur, MO.
As your baby grows and teeth erupt, start using a child’s toothbrush with a small, pea-sized dab of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste may be used, but only the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, start teaching your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in Creve Coeur, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will help with the procedure.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in Creve Coeur, MO. There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near Creve Coeur, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in Creve Coeur, MO. These habits can lead to:
As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in Creve Coeur, MO. Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in Creve Coeur, MO. A good amount of individuals believe that teething may cause a fever, however, this is simply not true.
Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. Many Creve Coeur, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?”. When primary teeth get decay, they can cause severe dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and another by the CDC, kids who have poor oral health miss more school and receive lower grades than those who don’t. It is vital for Creve Coeur, MO kids to develop strong preventative habits, starting at an early age with Dr. Martin and his team near Creve Coeur, MO.
Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental staff near Creve Coeur, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many individuals think periodontal disease is an adult problem in Creve Coeur, MO, studies indicate that gingivitis is essentially a universal issue among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is avoidable and treatable with a regular routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near Creve Coeur, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s signs of gum disease near Creve Coeur, MO, include:
Creve Coeur, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in Creve Coeur, MO, realizes it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near Creve Coeur, MO. So we know the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near Creve Coeur, MO, include:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in Creve Coeur, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You are entitled to a pediatric dentist near you in Creve Coeur, MO that you feel comfortable with and trust with your child’s dental care and overall well-being. From the moment you walk inside either of our two offices near Creve Coeur, MO, your child’s comfort and satisfaction is our number one goal. Our welcoming and knowledgeable staff will take care of any questions or concerns you might have prior to, during, or after your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, especially at an early age. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Creve Coeur, MO patients are welcome at either locale.