Pediatric Dentist Near Me New Haven, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me New Haven, MO. It’s no secret that the first few years of parenthood are stressful. Searching, manically attempting to locate a “pediatric dentist near me” in New Haven, MO shouldn’t be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two accessible locations in the New Haven, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the pediatric dentist near you that you’ve been looking for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in New Haven, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his New Haven, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your New Haven, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near New Haven, MO and as affordable as possible. Give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New New Haven, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
New Haven, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near New Haven, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near New Haven, MO. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. In order to fight off this decay, your child needs a complete oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in New Haven, MO.
Reach out to us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location today to book an appointment near you in New Haven, MO.
In addition to our pediatric dental services near you in New Haven, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- Dentists Near Me
New Haven, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, especially initiated at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in New Haven, MO, gets rid of bacteria and leftover food particles that, without attention would, combine to create cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things going on in your New Haven, MO child’s mouth. Basic pediatric dental checkups every 6 months, as the AAPD recommends, will put your child on a trajectory of good dental health for life. The pediatric dental services supplied by Martin Dental & Associates near New Haven, MO, include:
- New Haven, MO Infant Care
- New Haven, MO Tooth Brushing
- New Haven, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- New Haven, MO Tooth Eruption
- New Haven, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- New Haven, MO Cavity Prevention
- Limit frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Stay away from sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Choose nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- New Haven, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is specifically helpful for your pediatric dentist in avoiding cavities and decay, and bolstering tooth enamel near New Haven, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in New Haven, MO. They are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals minimize further harm when inflammation, infection, or damage has happened near New Haven, MO. Getting rid of pulp and nerve tissue from within a damaged tooth alleviates pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can stop issues like malocclusion from developing.
- Fillings — Children near New Haven, MO are more susceptible to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they normally tend to consume more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as faithful to the recommended oral hygiene plan as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material almost identical to a natural tooth is shaped, inserted, and hardened. It is a quick and easy method to protect an exposed root, and is a popular solution for masking minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your kid a pristine smile in New Haven, MO. Especially after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your young one ages in New Haven, MO, they may need things like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the alignment of their teeth and jaw. As they get older, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in New Haven, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can supply these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Reach out to us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office.
Even before your child gets teeth in New Haven, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Starting the pattern of cleaning your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great regime to help in establishing strong oral health in New Haven, MO.
As your baby grows and teeth erupt, start using a child’s toothbrush with a pea-sized dab of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste may be used, but only the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, start teaching your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in New Haven, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will help with the procedure.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in New Haven, MO. These habits can lead to:
There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near New Haven, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in New Haven, MO
As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in New Haven, MO. Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in New Haven, MO. Many individuals believe that teething may cause a fever, but, this is simply not true.
Many New Haven, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?” Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. When primary teeth rot, they can cause severe dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and another by the CDC, children who have poor oral health miss more school and receive lower grades than those who don’t. It is vital for New Haven, MO kids to build strong preventative habits, starting at an early age with Dr. Martin and his staff near New Haven, MO.
Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental staff near New Haven, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many people believe periodontal disease is an adult problem in New Haven, MO, studies show that gingivitis is nearly a universal problem among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is preventable and treatable with a normal routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near New Haven, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s signs of gum disease near New Haven, MO, are:
Contact us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location today to book an appointment.
New Haven, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in New Haven, MO, knows the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. We realize it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near New Haven, MO. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near New Haven, MO, are:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in New Haven, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You deserve a pediatric dentist near you in New Haven, MO that you are at ease with and trust with your kid’s dental care and overall well-being. From the moment you step inside either of our two offices near New Haven, MO, your child’s comfort and satisfaction is our number one goal. Our cordial and experienced staff will address any questions or concerns you might have prior to, during, or after your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, especially at an early age. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to make an appointment. New New Haven, MO patients are welcome at either location.