Pediatric Dentist Near Me Rosebud, MO
Pediatric Dentist Near Me Rosebud, MO. It’s no secret that the first few years of parenthood are stressful. Searching, desperately trying to locate a “pediatric dentist near me” in Rosebud, MO shouldn’t be adding to that pull-your-hair-out or hit-the-roof level of stress. We’re here to help. With over 30 years of experience, along with two convenient locations in the Rosebud, MO area, Martin Dental & Associates is the pediatric dentist near you that you’ve been searching for.
Dr. John Martin is the dentist on staff at Ranken Jordan Pediatric Hospital, providing free pediatric dental services for the children they serve. He and his team of pediatric dentists, hygienists, and staff is committed to providing top-quality dental care near you in Rosebud, MO. Nothing matters more to him than making sure his Rosebud, MO patients’ oral health is taken care of, particularly children.
Our team is ready to serve your Rosebud, MO family’s complete dental needs, making our services as accessible near Rosebud, MO and as affordable as possible. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights office, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. New Rosebud, MO patients are always welcome at either location.
Rosebud, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: What Is a Pediatric Dentist and When Do I Need One?
Pediatric dentists are specialists dedicated to the oral health of children, from infancy throughout the various stages of childhood and teenage years. They have an extra two to three years of specialized training after dental school. Some of this training includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and surgical procedures
- Oral pathology
- Child development
- Clinical management
- Child psychology
- Child-related pharmacology and radiology
- Management of oral and facial trauma
- Care for young patients with special needs
- General anesthesia for children
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that parents establish a pediatric dental home for their child by their first birthday, or within a few months of their first tooth coming in. This will help you introduce your child to oral care in a relaxed first meeting near Rosebud, MO, and will put them on the right path to a healthy smile. The sooner children begin getting regular dental checkups, the healthier their mouths will stay throughout their lives. Early checkups help prevent cavities and tooth decay, which can lead to pain, trouble concentrating, and other medical issues.
Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease among kids near Rosebud, MO. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that 40 percent of children have decay by the time they reach kindergarten, and 52 percent among kids aged 6 to 8. In order to ward off this decay, your child needs a complete oral health plan from a pediatric dentist near you in Rosebud, MO.
Contact us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location today to book an appointment near you in Rosebud, MO.
In addition to our pediatric dental services near you in Rosebud, MO, Martin Dental & Associates provides the following services:
- All on 4 Dental Implants
- Chipped Tooth Repair
- Best Dentist Near Me
- Dental Surgeon Near Me
- Wisdom Teeth Surgery
- Dental Care
- Kids Dentist Near Me
- Dental Office Near Me
Rosebud, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Services
Good oral hygiene, particularly initiated at an early age by a pediatric dentist near you in Rosebud, MO, removes bacteria and leftover food particles that, normally would, combine to create cavities. But cavities aren’t the only things going on in your Rosebud, MO child’s mouth. Basic pediatric dental checkups twice a year, as the AAPD suggests, will put your little one on a trajectory of good oral health for life. The pediatric dental services supplied by Martin Dental & Associates near Rosebud, MO, include:
- Rosebud, MO Infant Care
- Rosebud, MO Tooth Brushing
- Rosebud, MO Thumb Sucking
- Crooked Teeth
- Constricted Palate
- Orthodontic Problems
- Speech Issues
- Rosebud, MO Tooth Eruption
- Rosebud, MO Early Childhood Tooth Decay
- Rosebud, MO Cavity Prevention
- Limit frequency of meals and snacks
- Encourage brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Watch what you drink
- Stay away from sticky foods
- Make treats part of meals
- Choose nutritious snacks
- Drink an adequate amount of tap water daily
- Rosebud, MO Gum Disease
- Swollen, red, or tender gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Bad breath
- Buildup of hard brown deposits along the gumline
- Loose teeth or teeth that are moving apart
- Changes in the way dental appliances fit
- Topical Fluoride — Fluoride is especially helpful for your pediatric dentist in preventing cavities and decay, and strengthening tooth enamel near Rosebud, MO.
- Dental Sealants — Sealants are great for protecting a child's molars from infection and cavity in Rosebud, MO. They are painless and relatively simple to apply, and work to block unwanted particles from entering the crevices of a tooth.
- Root Canal Therapy — Root canals diminish further injury when inflammation, infection, or damage has happened near Rosebud, MO. Getting rid of pulp and nerve tissue from within a damaged tooth soothes pain, prevents the formation of abscesses, and can stop issues like malocclusion from starting.
- Fillings — Young people near Rosebud, MO are more prone to tooth decay, plaque, and cavities because they generally tend to consume more sugary, sticky foods and may not be as faithful to the suggested oral hygiene routine as adults.
- Bonding — Bonding is used for both general and cosmetic dentistry. A resin material similar in appearance to a natural tooth is shaped, inserted, and hardened. It is a quick and simple method to cover an exposed root, and is a popular solution for masking minor chips, cracks, and gaps to give your child a perfect smile in Rosebud, MO. Especially after falling face first into that table.
- Orthodontic & Other Treatments — As your young one gets older in Rosebud, MO, they may need procedures like mouth guards, space maintainers, or braces to assist in the straightening of their teeth and jaw. As they get older, they will likely need wisdom teeth removal. Your pediatric dentist near you in Rosebud, MO, Martin Dental & Associates, can supply these services and will work with your child throughout the stages of their dental needs. Contact us or call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office.
Even before your child gets teeth in Rosebud, MO, there are several habits that you should work on to help ensure good oral health. Getting in the habit of wiping your baby’s mouth with a wet washcloth after nursing/feeding is a great routine to help establish strong oral health in Rosebud, MO.
As your baby grows and teeth erupt, start using a child’s toothbrush with a small, pea-sized dab of training toothpaste. After age 2, children’s fluoridated toothpaste should be used, but only the size of a grain of rice. By age 3, begin to teach your child to brush. The pediatric dentists and team near you in Rosebud, MO, at Martin Dental & Associates will help with the process.
Non-nutritive sucking habits cause damage to developing oral cavities in Rosebud, MO. There are several ways to help break a thumb or pacifier habit, and our pediatric dentists near Rosebud, MO will work with you and your child to give specific strategies to help correct them. In some instances, an orthodontic appliance may be recommended in Rosebud, MO. These habits can lead to:
As teeth begin to erupt into the mouth, your child may experience some discomfort or sleepless nights in Rosebud, MO. Teeth always seem to erupt according to the circadian rhythm, and go through the greatest amount at nighttime in Rosebud, MO. Many people believe that teething causes fevers, but, this is just not true.
Baby (primary) teeth are important because they not only aid in the function of the oral cavity through chewing and speech development, they help to hold space for the developing permanent teeth. Many Rosebud, MO parents ask our pediatric dentists, “Why worry about baby teeth when they are just going to fall out?”. When primary teeth rot, they can lead to dental pain and abscessed teeth. According to a study by the National Institutes of Health, and an additional one by the CDC, children who have poor oral hygiene miss more school and get lower grades than those who don’t. It is important for Rosebud, MO kids to develop strong preventative habits, starting at an early age with Dr. Martin and his staff near Rosebud, MO.
Most of the time, cavities are due to a diet in sugary foods, drinks, and a lack of brushing. Every time someone eats, an acid reaction occurs inside their mouth as the bacteria digests the sugars. This reaction lasts approximately 20 minutes, during which the acid environment can destroy tooth structure and lead to cavities. By age 3 your child should have all 20 teeth. Between the ages of 5 and 7 the first permanent teeth will begin to erupt. Some of the permanent teeth replace baby teeth and some do not. Dr. Martin and his pediatric dental staff near Rosebud, MO will go over some tips for cavity prevention:
While many people think periodontal disease is an adult problem in Rosebud, MO, studies show that gingivitis is nearly a universal issue among children and adolescents. Gingivitis is avoidable and treatable with a normal routine of brushing, flossing, and professional pediatric dental care near Rosebud, MO, from Martin Dental & Associates. Dr. Martin’s signs of gum disease near Rosebud, MO, include:
Contact us or give us a call at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard location today to schedule an appointment.
Rosebud, MO Pediatric Dentist Near Me: Our Pediatric Dental Treatments
The staff at Martin Dental & Associates, the pediatric dentist near you in Rosebud, MO, realizes it can be difficult to get a child to cooperate with a dentist or hygienist, particularly after sitting for a long period of time near Rosebud, MO. So we know the importance of being able to communicate with your child and build a rapport. Some of the common pediatric dental treatments we use near Rosebud, MO, include:
Make an Appointment at the Pediatric Dentist Near Me in Rosebud, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
You are entitled to a pediatric dentist near you in Rosebud, MO that you feel at ease with and trust with your kid’s dental care and overall well-being. From the minute you walk inside either of our two offices near Rosebud, MO, your child’s comfort and happiness is our number one priority. Our welcoming and experienced staff will address any questions or concerns you may have before, during, or following your visit.
Great smiles begin with us, especially at an early age. Call us at 314-739-1222 for our Maryland Heights location, or 573-764-2425 for our Gerard office, or contact us online today to make an appointment. New Rosebud, MO patients are welcome at either locale.