Emergency Dentistry St. John, MO
Martin Dental & Associates is well-equipped to help you through any St. John dental emergency. Our staff is qualified to handle any emergency dental procedure you need, and Dr. John Martin is available to respond to St. John, MO dental emergencies 24/7. Contact us or call (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need St. John, MO Emergency Dentistry
Do you need emergency dentistry in St. John, MO? You may be unsure whether you need to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don't know what to do, call your St. John, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
When thinking about emergency dental situations, the first thing that comes to mind is acute trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near St. John, MO. However, there are many other reasons to seek emergency dental care and it is often something that occurs and worsens over time. Many of the St. John emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
If any of the above conditions are true for you, you need to visit your St. John emergency dentist as soon as possible. If it's possible, they will fix the tooth and put it back in place. Sometimes this is not possible, and they might have to perform an extraction or otherwise remove the problem. Your emergency dentist's top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Martin Dental & Associates offers many dental services.
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Veneers
- Tooth Fillings
- Restoration of Dental Implants
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Emergency Dentist
- Family Dentistry
- Dentist Office
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
When you've been in an accident or have another sudden emergency, it's natural to feel shock or panic, and you may struggle to act calmly and rationally. Add pain to the equation and it's even more challenging. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency will reduce the amount of damage you will sustain and improve your dental prognosis.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It's important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your St. John, MO emergency dental provider. Your dentist is an expert on these things and will know what to do for someone in your exact siutation. Follow their recommendations. You can reach Martin Dental & Associates for emergency dentistry work 24/7.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If you've lost a tooth or part of a tooth, try to find it and bring it with you. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. If a permanent tooth came out, rinse your mouth and try to put the tooth back in its socket. For a tooth that won't fit or stay in the socket, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. Bleeding from the mouth is an emergency, as it is usually very effective at stopping bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin to relieve pain and soothe swelling. They are better at treating tooth pain than other pain relief medications.
Emergency Dentist near St. John, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. With Dr. John Martin, you are in good hands. His expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your St. John, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near St. John, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.