Emergency Dentistry St. Ann, MO
Martin Dental & Associates is well-equipped to help you through any St. Ann dental emergency. We have a staff of skilled and professional personnel and dentist Dr. John Martin responds to St. Ann, MO dental emergencies 24/7. Contact us or call (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need St. Ann, MO Emergency Dentistry
Do you need emergency dentistry in St. Ann, MO? Sometimes it's not clear if someone in your situation needs emergency dental care, other emergency medical services, or if it's something you can manage from home. If you don't know what to do, call your St. Ann, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
When thinking about emergency dental situations, the first thing that comes to mind is acute trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near St. Ann, MO. However, there are many other reasons to seek emergency dental care and it is often something that occurs and worsens over time. Many of the St. Ann emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
We commonly treat emergency dentistry patients for:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
If any of the above conditions are true for you, you need to visit your St. Ann emergency dentist as soon as possible. Your emergency dentist will replace and repair the tooth if at all possible. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, they might have to perform an extraction or otherwise remove the problem. Your emergency dentist's top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Martin Dental & Associates offers many dental services.
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Professional Teeth Whitening Services
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Veneers
- Tooth Fillings
- Restoration of Dental Implants
- Professional Teeth Whitening
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
Experiencing an accident or other sudden emergency can send you into shock or incite panic, making it difficult to think and act clearly. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It's important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your St. Ann, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. You can reach Martin Dental & Associates for emergency dentistry work 24/7.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. If a permanent tooth came out, rinse your mouth and try to put the tooth back in its socket. For a tooth that won't fit or stay in the socket, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. The mouth is generally very effective in preventing bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin to relieve pain and soothe swelling. They are better at treating tooth pain than other pain relief medications.
Emergency Dentist near St. Ann, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. With Dr. John Martin, you are in good hands. His expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your St. Ann, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near St. Ann, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.