Emergency Dentistry Frontenanc, MO
When you are faced with a Frontenanc dental emergency, come to Martin Dental & Associates. Our staff is qualified to handle any emergency dental procedure you need, and Dr. John Martin is available to respond to Frontenanc, MO dental emergencies 24/7. To learn more about emergency dentistry near you or to schedule emergency dentistry services, contact us or call (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425.
When You Need Frontenanc, MO Emergency Dentistry
You want to know if you need emergency dentistry. You may be unsure whether you need emergency dental care, other emergency medical services, or if it's something you can manage from home. If you don't know what to do, call your Frontenanc, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Frontenanc, MO. Many other situations are not so obvious, and the emergency doesn't necessarily have to have an abrupt cause. Many of the Frontenanc emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
All of these situations are cause for a visit to your Frontenanc emergency dentist right away. If it's possible, they will fix the tooth and put it back in place. Sometimes this is not possible, and extraction or other procedures may be necessary. Your emergency dentist's top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Martin Dental & Associates offers many dental services.
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Professional Teeth Whitening Services
- Dental Bonding
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
Experiencing an accident or other sudden emergency can send you into shock or incite panic, making it difficult to think and act clearly. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It's important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Frontenanc, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. Martin Dental & Associates can be contacted for emergency dentistry appointments 24/7.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. If a permanent tooth came out, rinse your mouth and try to put the tooth back in its socket. If you can't do that, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. The mouth is generally very effective in preventing bleeding. Stay upright to keep the bleeding elevated and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. Use NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin to relieve pain and soothe swelling. They are better at treating tooth pain than other pain relief medications.
Emergency Dentist near Frontenanc, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. Trust Martin Dental & Associates for your emergency dental needs. Our expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Frontenanc, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Frontenanc, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.