Emergency Dentistry Clayton, MO
When you are faced with a Clayton dental emergency, come to Martin Dental & Associates. Our staff is qualified to handle any emergency dental procedure you need, and Dr. John Martin is available to respond to Clayton, MO dental emergencies 24/7. To learn more about emergency dentistry near you or to schedule emergency dentistry services, contact us or call (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425.
When You Need Clayton, MO Emergency Dentistry
You want to know if you need emergency dentistry. Sometimes it's not clear if someone in your situation needs emergency dental care, other emergency medical services, or if it's something you can manage from home. If you don't know what to do, call your Clayton, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Clayton, MO. However, there are many other reasons to seek emergency dental care and it is often something that occurs and worsens over time. Many of the Clayton emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
We commonly treat emergency dentistry patients for:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
If any of the above conditions are true for you, you need to visit your Clayton emergency dentist as soon as possible. If it's possible, they will fix the tooth and put it back in place. Sometimes this is not possible, and extraction or other procedures may be necessary. Your emergency dentist's top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Martin Dental & Associates offers many dental services.
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Tooth Bonding
- Dental Office
- Cosmetic Dentistry Near Me
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Professional Teeth Whitening Services
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Veneers
- Tooth Fillings
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
When you've been in an accident or have another sudden emergency, it's natural to feel shock or panic, and you may struggle to act calmly and rationally. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It's important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Clayton, MO emergency dental provider. Your dentist is an expert on these things and will know what to do for someone in your exact siutation. Follow their recommendations. Martin Dental & Associates can be contacted for emergency dentistry appointments 24/7.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If your tooth was knocked out or part of a tooth was chipped off, retrieve it if you can. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. Rinse your mouth out to remove debris and try to return the tooth in the socket. If you can't do that, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. Bleeding from the mouth is an emergency, as it is usually very effective at stopping bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. If you have pain or swelling, an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or aspirin will help and is more effective for tooth pain than other pain killers.
Emergency Dentist near Clayton, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. With Dr. John Martin, you are in good hands. His expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Clayton, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Clayton, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.