Emergency Dentistry Berkeley, MO
When you are faced with a Berkeley dental emergency, come to Martin Dental & Associates. We have a staff of skilled and professional personnel and dentist Dr. John Martin responds to Berkeley, MO dental emergencies 24/7. Contact us or call (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 for energency dentistry information or to receive emergency dental work.
When You Need Berkeley, MO Emergency Dentistry
Do you need emergency dentistry in Berkeley, MO? Sometimes it's not clear if someone in your situation needs to seek emergency dentistry, visit the ER or urgent care, or take care of it on your own at home. If you don't know what to do, call your Berkeley, MO dentist right away and consult them on the best course of action.
For most of us, the most obvious emergency dental cases are those involving acute facial trauma. If you fall and hit your mouth on the stairs and it knocks a couple of teeth out, that is a clear reason to visit your emergency dentist near Berkeley, MO. Many other situations are not so obvious, and the emergency doesn't necessarily have to have an abrupt cause. Many of the Berkeley emergency dentistry patients we treat come to us because of an ongoing, growing problem that has just become too painful or is no longer manageable.
Common reasons to seak emergency dentistry include:
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- A broken crown
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding from the mouth
- A missing filling
- A toothache
All of these situations are cause for a visit to your Berkeley emergency dentist right away. If it's possible, they will fix the tooth and put it back in place. In the event that there is no way to restore the tooth, extraction or other procedures may be necessary. Your emergency dentist's top priority is to relieve you of pain. Their next priority is helping you keep a healthy smile. You can follow your emergency dental treatment with other dental therapies or cosmetic dentistry. Martin Dental & Associates offers many dental services.
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Veneers
- Tooth Fillings
- Restoration of Dental Implants
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Emergency Dentist
- Family Dentistry
- Dentist Office
What To Do In a Dental Emergency
When you've been in an accident or have another sudden emergency, it's natural to feel shock or panic, and you may struggle to act calmly and rationally. On top of that, dental emergencies very often cause severe pain, which makes it even more difficult to react calmly. You can not always prevent or plan for an emergency, but knowing what to do in the event of a dental emergency is an efficacious way to minimize damage and increase your chances of a successful dental recovery.
When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. It's important to act quickly and follow these steps:
- Call your Berkeley, MO emergency dental provider. They will help you determine if you need emergency dental work or if there is a more appropriate course of action for your situation. Follow their recommendations. Martin Dental & Associates can be contacted for emergency dentistry appointments 24/7.
- Handle the tooth carefully. If you've lost a tooth or part of a tooth, try to find it and bring it with you. Rinse it in warm water to clean it and avoid touching the root, as you could damage the tissue. Hold the tooth by the crown (the part you use to chew).
- Store the tooth. Rinse your mouth out to remove debris and try to return the tooth in the socket. If you can't do that, store it in milk to preserve it.
- Treat bleeding. Keep the area elevated. Bleeding from the mouth is an emergency, as it is usually very effective at stopping bleeding. If you have blood coming from your mouth, keep it elevated above your heart and seek emergency care right away.
- Take an anti-inflammatory. If you have pain or swelling, an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen or aspirin will help and is more effective for tooth pain than other pain killers.
Emergency Dentist near Berkeley, MO | Martin Dental & Associates
If you find yourself with unbearable tooth pain, swelling, or a broken or missing tooth, you need immediate emergency dentistry. With Dr. John Martin, you are in good hands. His expertise and skill in emergency dentistry procedures ensure the best possible outcome for your Berkeley, MO dental emergency.
Speak to us about our emergency dentistry services near Berkeley, MO. If you are currently experiencing a dental emergency, contact us or call our offices at (314) 739-1222 or (573) 764-2425 right away. Let Dr. John Martin help you bring your smile back to optimal health.